Search Engine

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holy Crap Johnny Style

Holy Crap is an innovative Canadian health product that is a breakfast item. I decided one day that I would attempt to create my own version of this product to feed my voracious family that was featured on Dragons Den. This product is a great success story for the show and shows how television can increase brand recognition and sales. They also make a Skinny B version as well.

The base ingredients  of the cereal is pretty straight forward Both cereals contain the same mix of seeds; the organic superfood chia, organic fruit seed buckwheat and organic hulled hemp hearts.

Add organic cranberries, organic raisins, organic apple bits and organic cinnamon and the crap is ready to go.

Skinny B contains 50% more chia seeds in the seed blend than Holy Crap cereal.

My version is just as tasty but is a different blend of their ingredients to suit my tastes but whenever I travel the first stop in any town is to pick up a pack of Holy Crap or Skinny B to give satisfy my breakfast cravings. The CBS or TSA does not take lightly to this crap in your carry on bag.

The Johnny Crap version is as follows:

- 1.5 cup chia seeds
- 1.5 cup buckwheat- 1.5 cup hemp hearts

I blend these into a masonary jar and refrigerate.


then I add depending on the mood I am in and continue to fill the masonary jar with any of the following items:

- 1/3 cup dried cranberries 
- 1/3 cup Goji Berries
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup raisins 
- 1/4 cup dried apples 
- 1 tsp cinnamon 
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup banana chips or powder
 - 1/4 cup dehydrated pineapples

add some soy or almond or coconut milk and ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments